"Seva's efforts create hope and happiness worldwide for so many people in difficult conditions. I've always been amazed and cheered by their good works and I've been very happy to help them in their fundraising efforts."
Singer / Songwriter
“We've always admired Seva's focus on serving indigenous people in the U.S. and around the world. Seva knows how to work with communities in ways that truly benefit those in need. We are honored to be involved with their mission and look forward to contributing to their efforts for years to come."
Tea Leaf Green
“I congratulate Seva Foundation for the magnificent work they continue to do."
Legendary Folk Singer
“Seva has given so much help to so many thousands of people for so many years — such a wonderful example of love in action.”
Singer / Songwriter
"For 30 years Seva has made an extraordinary contribution to the world — not only through their
international programs, but here in some of the most impoverished communities in North America, on Native American reservations. Thank you Seva."
Singer / Songwriter
"Seva takes the impulse towards generosity and turns it into compassionate action that helps people in real need. I honor my friends and relations by giving to Seva in their name — the entire world benefits. I hope you'll join me."
Actor / Writer
"Compassion and caring for people in need - that's simply a moral necessity. But it's not
always easy to do. Seva makes it easy. They know how to put your donations to work in ways that truly benefit people."
Singer / Humanitarian Activist
"When we met the folks at Seva, we knew we were among kindred spirits, joining to bring people together in service to others. Whether preventing blindness in Nepal, assisting native peoples in Guatemala and Mexico, or helping our own Native Americans, Seva has been there to help alleviate suffering and improve people's lives. Long may they rock!"
The Grateful Dead
Mentoring and training to build local capacity
Volunteer professionals greatly enhance the work of Seva's Sight Programs around the world.
In each of the countries where Seva works, we focus on building the capacity of local program partners to deliver excellent eye care services. This is the key to building sustainable programs that can take root and grow. Seva has benefited from volunteers with a range of experiences and skills, including:
- Healthcare professionals
- Marketing/ Communications professionals
- Management training
- Business development consulting
Volunteer projects typically involve service delivery, training or consulting. Seva works with volunteers who can:
- Help train and mentor local staff seeking to improve eye care programs and service delivery
- Perform surgery and/or conduct eye exams and procedures
- Make a lasting impact- we prefer volunteers who can make longer commitments or who can volunteer a few weeks every year
While we welcome applications year round, Seva is only able to develop volunteer opportunities that meet our program partners' specific needs, so opportunities may be limited.
Seva is unable to cover any volunteer expenses, such as travel costs, lodging, per diems, or remuneration of any kind. Our volunteers cover their own expenses, and we consider this to be an in-kind donation to Seva.
Seva is currently looking for volunteers to assist on the following programs:
1. Direct Eye Care Services Volunteer Need: Ophthalmologists and healthcare professionals to assist with treatment and surgeries at local hospitals and eye camps around the world. Emphasis on cataract surgery, yet programs increasingly seek specialists for service and demonstration.2. Sustainable Eye Care ProgramsVolunteer Need: Specialized medical training, business development consulting, management training, marketing and communications assistance to increase efficiency and sustainability of local programs and hospitals.3. Center for Innovation in Eye Care Volunteer Need: Coaching in conducting training for ophthalmologists, managers, and all levels of eye health professionals; assistance with editing technical papers; help with preparing grant proposals and reports.If you are interested in volunteering with one of these programs, please fill out the form below and we will assess if your skills and experience match the needs of our program partners. Seva's Sight Programs work to build the capacity of local eye care programs in the communities where we work; as such, our international volunteer needs are very limited and we may not have an immediate opportunity for everyone who would like to volunteer. If an international opportunity is not available, we encourage you to consider another rewarding volunteer position with our organization.Thanks again for your interest in volunteering with Seva! We apologize, but the selected Survey is currently unavailable.